Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Not the Big Dog anymore

Most important news of the day: Today is Ashleigh's birthday!

Today is the first day of unemployment for me. Most everyone now knows my story of how I got to this situation so I won't go into it now. Kind of strange waking up not being in charge of anything and not having the freedom to buy anything at will. My first thoughts of the day were questioning what I have done. But it didn't take long for me to remember the empty feeling yesterday when I arrived at work and just knowing it was over. Never had that feeling before. And there were many little confirmations yesterday that added validity to the decision. Looking back, the decision to move on came quickly and the whole deal was done in less than 10 hours. Wow. I have been in charge of something for the past 18 years or so and now nothing. That will take some getting used to. And not being on call 24/7, even while on vacation. I look forward to getting used to that.

I am not sure how long I will maintain this blog but it makes me feel a little better venting into the void. Keep me in prayer and keep me in mind if you know of any jobs I might be good at. You know, things I have shown proficiency at like pool maintenance, instant message management, etc....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You'll always be the big dog, at least on Thursdays for now. Not a fun place to be, but these are times when we come face to face with our faith and can see great things happen. Praying for you.
Ben