Saturday, July 28, 2012
Today was a typical day - I worked in the yard in the wicked hot sun (in my bathing suit), finished, hopped in the pool, and it immediately clouded over and began to sprinkle! I got out when the thunder started. Of course I wasn't inside an hour when the sun came back out...
I'm a little concerned about Mocha tonight. She was occasionally crying seemingly at random but seemed fine - ate, walked, pooped, etc. with no problems. So I gave her a thorough exam and found her right rear leg was very sore - she yelped at the touch. I gave her some aspirin and will keep an eye on her. Everything I have read says it is probably a muscle strain. Hopefully it is not too serious and with rest she will be fine. She is not limping but she sure isn't running and jumping around either. Can't afford to go to the vet so we will just watch her.
The Olympics started last night. I love to watch the individual back stories. Still can't understand the global fascination with soccer though...
Posted by Shawn H at 8:55 PM
Friday, July 20, 2012
Posted by Shawn H at 12:15 AM
Wednesday, July 18, 2012
Posted by Shawn H at 5:09 PM
Monday, July 16, 2012
- God has a plan
- I can't see all of the Plan but that is where faith comes in
- People can be very generous
- Sometimes it’s the little things that matter
- Nothing happens by coincidence
- Being optimistic is a choice
- There are shopping deals to be had if you look for them
- SOME generic foods taste as good as the “real” ones
- Sometimes bad things happen to good people
- Some problem resolutions were initiated long before we know them
- Strenuous exercise helps clear the mind
- There’s something to be learned, confirmed, or found at every church service
- God’s timing isn't our timing – it’s better
- Lucie and I have great kids
- I have a great wife
- Don’t put your faith in opportunities or possibilities – just keep your eyes on God
- Sometimes God’s plan doesn’t line up with “conventional” wisdom
- God may use distractions to keep us occupied until His next step is revealed
- Be thankful for closed doors because God keeps us from where we’re not supposed to be
- Most often resolutions to issues are not what we expected
I am sure there are more lessons to be learned and my situation isn't resolved yet, but I thought I would write down what I know for now and maybe add to it later. When this is over. Soon.
Posted by Shawn H at 8:05 PM
Thursday, July 12, 2012
Posted by Shawn H at 2:47 PM
Monday, July 9, 2012
Meanwhile, we are thankful for what we have and know that things could be worse. A&E both have jobs and are pitching in to help with things. We take full advantage of Elliott's employee discount! They both left this morning for camp - as counselors this year. Very proud that they are re-investing back into that program.
Maybe my next blog post will be about how we were set back on a high place. Could happen any minute!
Posted by Shawn H at 10:44 AM