Friday, July 20, 2012

Hales Hooping

Today Elliott made his first appearance at the church adult basketball night that I run at our church.  I didn't introduce him as my son.  He and one of his friends (also from church) came so I just said they were a couple of high school guys from church.  And he did well!  He had some good shots, some good moves, made a few baskets, had a steal or two, and generally represented well.  When the night was mostly over I told some people he was my son.  They were impressed.  And for the record, the old man did pretty good as well.  I have said that I could pick any two players that come out (usually about 15), add their ages together, and I would still be older than them!  But when you get older, you don't play harder - you play smarter.  And I do fine.  Also for the record:  Elliott has more skills already than I ever did.  It was a proud night for me.

No comments: