Saturday, July 28, 2012

Light At The End Of The Tunnel

I am beginning to see a light at the end of the unemployment tunnel.  Not getting too high, not getting too low.  That is one of the many lessons I have recently learned.  Over the past few months, two former colleagues have been pushing for the creation of a Project Manager position at their contract security company.  They needed the position before I came along but I am the perfect candidate - if I may say so myself!  Creating a position in a company with small overhead is difficult and as much as I thought I would be right for the job, I had to continue to look for other opportunities, apply, interview, etc.  It finally seems to be coming together and I am expecting an offer next week.  I am ready to hit the ground running and can't wait to get back to work.  We're not there yet, but it's coming!

Today was a typical day - I worked in the yard in the wicked hot sun (in my bathing suit), finished, hopped in the pool, and it immediately clouded over and began to sprinkle!  I got out when the thunder started.  Of course I wasn't inside an hour when the sun came back out...

I'm a little concerned about Mocha tonight.  She was occasionally crying seemingly at random but seemed fine - ate, walked, pooped, etc. with no problems.  So I gave her a thorough exam and found her right rear leg was very sore - she yelped at the touch.  I gave her some aspirin and will keep an eye on her.  Everything I have read says it is probably a muscle strain.  Hopefully it is not too serious and with rest she will be fine.  She is not limping but she sure isn't running and jumping around either.  Can't afford to go to the vet so we will just watch her.

The Olympics started last night.  I love to watch the individual back stories.  Still can't understand the global fascination with soccer though...

No comments: