Monday, July 16, 2012

Lessons I've Learned (so far!)

In no particular order...


  • God has a plan
  • I can't see all of the Plan but that is where faith comes in
  • People can be very generous
  • Sometimes it’s the little things that matter
  • Nothing happens by coincidence
  • Being optimistic is a choice
  • There are shopping deals to be had if you look for them
  • SOME generic foods taste as good as the “real” ones
  • Sometimes bad things happen to good people
  • Some problem resolutions were initiated long before we know them
  • Strenuous exercise helps clear the mind
  • There’s something to be learned, confirmed, or found at every church service
  • God’s timing isn't our timing – it’s better
  • Lucie and I have great kids
  • I have a great wife
  • Don’t put your faith in opportunities or possibilities – just keep your eyes on God
  • Sometimes God’s plan doesn’t line up with “conventional” wisdom
  • God may use distractions to keep us occupied until His next step is revealed
  • Be thankful for closed doors because God keeps us from where we’re not supposed to be
  • Most often resolutions to issues are not what we expected
I am sure there are more lessons to be learned and my situation isn't resolved yet, but I thought I would write down what I know for now and maybe add to it later.  When this is over.  Soon.

No comments: