Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Knuckling Down to Marbles

Yesterday I worked on the new church computer for a while at the church getting it set up with the different projectors in the sanctuary and chapel. Then came home and ran some more updates on it and so forth. We watched some Charlie Brown special about bullying and the main story line had to do with playing marbles. So Elliott decided we should play. He ran up to get his bag of marbles (everyone knows I have long lost mine - har har) while I looked up the rules online. Elliott cleared out some space in the living room and we used a thin blanket to serve as the playing field. It is kind of tricky but we managed to have a good time. Of course there was one obstacle we had to work around:


Today I went back to the church and finished setting up the computer. Tonight will be the first run through with it at the Bible Study. I think it is going to work out fine.

Elliott went over to a friend's house today to work on a school project and Ashleigh and I went to the mall to get something for Lucie's birthday (which is Sunday). While there, we ran into some of her friends so they walked with us while we got what we were looking for.

I talked to a couple of former co-workers today who gave me some updates on what is going on at the old office and one is going to forward me some leads he has tracked down. That was nice.

I think tonight we are having pizza for supper because starting tomorrow, it will be turkery, or a variant thereof, for the next three weeks...

4 comments:

Nick said...

mmm.... you need to relax with the har har... that is okay to use once a year.

Anonymous said...

I was a champion marble player way back and can't remember all the rules. We made a hole in the ground with our heel and then....? We shot but how and exactly how was there a winner?

Shawn H said...

The rules that I read said to draw a circle and the object was to use your "shooter" marble to knock the other marbles out of the ring. The winner was the person who had knocked out, and kept, the most marbles.

Ms. Lucie said...

Aawwww . . she's so cute! Always underfoot!