Saturday, September 26, 2009

Apples And Oranges

I just finished a week of corporate training at work. Loved it. First, just the education about financial stuff was interesting, and then how where I work does it all online. Such a simple and easy way of doing business. The culture is 180ยบ from my previous job. Here they are all about individuality and new ideas and progressive thinking. The top line of their "code" is "we are new here." Every day they strive for new innovations and ways of doing things. Truly customer oriented.

While I was in class, I was still working though. I had my Blackberry on and was able to reply to emails. Had to leave class a couple of times to handle a situation. But it was not just tolerated, it was sort of encouraged. There was a break-in early in the morning of my last class day though. Some knucklehead came in and stole some cash registers from the ground floor Cafe. He was caught and had quite a history of thievery. I was called in to help with the investigation and pull surveillance footage. We learned some lessons and will keep moving forward.

Elliott started the LONG (and expensive!) process of dental work this week. They put some palate expanders in and that will lead to jaw alignment stuff and then braces. But he is worth it. Lucie has had to run him around to appointments and ferry the kids quite a bit.

The air is chilly at night now. Still sad to see the pool closed up.

No comments: