Saturday, October 8, 2011

Flat Lining

While we were at Newfie Fun Days, the hard drive in Lucie's laptop died.  Fine in the morning, dead a few hours later.  When we got back I went to our usual computer place but they wanted $150 for a replacement drive!  For $400 I can get a whole new laptop.  So a friend recommended a used computer parts store and I got a bigger drive for $25.  I "Ghost" our computers monthly (take an image of the entire drive) and do weekly data back ups so I just had to slap the replacement drive in, put the image from other drive back and copy in the latest backup and she was up and running.

That was an easy fix.  This one, not so much:  my beautiful 52-inch Sony TV has a line running down it.  Argh!  About 4 inches in from the right - top to bottom.  Very thin but it looks like a dang highway to me.  For now, it fades away after about 15 minutes.  But research says soon it will stay.  So I have called and emailed Sony and their oh-so-helpful response has been to just get it fixed.  Um, getting it fixed means replacing the entire screen!  That's not helpful.  It is just over 3 years old and out of warranty of course...

Meanwhile I shut the pool down.  Always a sad time of the year.  I got a Shiatsu foot massager to try and help with the bone spurs and pain.  I ice my feet first, then put them on the massager for 15 minutes.  Pretty painful actually but seems to be helping.  Last night I watched a video of an athletic trainer taping someone's foot.  I tried it and it feels good.

Today Elliott and I are going to an ING DIRECT sponsored car show (free tickets).  That is always interesting.  Gotta mow the yard too.  Not many more times this year for that...

No comments: