Sunday, September 11, 2016

I Shutter To Think About It

Yesterday, Lucie was at an all day scrap-booking event so I thought I would create a project and paint the faded house shutters.  Rather than going through the hassle of taking them down, painting them, and putting them back up, I thought I could just tape them off, put some paper around, and spray paint them in place.  Lesson learned...  It was WICKED humid but I was in the shade and it wasn't hard work.  I could reach the bottom windows on the step ladder but the upper windows required a lot of up and down climbing.  The smaller bathroom window was a story in and of itself - I couldn't reach it from the ladder so I wound up contorting myself out through it.  Plenty of neighbors out and about so they all got a good show.  Anyway, as the day went on, I could feel myself getting more and more tired.  I was drinking lots of water and taking breaks - but the only cold water from the garage fridge was carbonated.  And that came back to haunt me.  I finally got it done, but had to cancel dinner plans with friends because I was throwing up...  ha!  The heat, carbonated water, and twisting out the bathroom window all added up to a bit of a breakdown.  A cold shower helped a little but the bigger problem came later in the evening when the leg cramps literally kicked in.  That was rough.  Lucie came home and got me some Gatorade, Jell-O and chicken noodle soup.  I started feeling better pretty quick but those cramps were killer.  Feeling good today but my legs feel like I ran a marathon.  The shutters look great tho! (Left=before / right = after)

No comments: