Friday, August 28, 2009

The 11th Celebration Of Our 2nd Anniversary

For those without a calculator handy, today is our 22nd wedding anniversary. Pretty low key day - we ate at home but went out for pie at Perkins for dessert. It was a rainy day but it was the end of another work week so I was happy.

Yes, work is still going great. I am fitting right in and being accepted. Making a difference already and feeling like I am contributing. Still not used to it!

Our automatic garbage can (yes, we do have one - it has a sensor that detects motion which opens the lid hands-free) has been acting up recently. It sounded like the gears were stripped and it was making a horrible grinding noise. I got brave and took it apart and stripped it down to the gears and sure enough, there was a broken support piece. So I showed it to Lucie and Elliott and said it was not fixable but put it back together anyway. And now it works great! It is incomprehensible. It shouldn't be working, but it is (hmmm, some might say that about me too!). Believe it or not, it's true and I am not questioning it.

Ashleigh has another all day field hockey tournament tomorrow. No plans for Lucie and I but I am sure we will conjure up something. Elliott starts school Monday. He and Lucie went to freshman orientation last night.

The picture to the left by the way is copper - which, according to some guide, is the gift for the 22nd anniversary.

1 comment:

The Gman said...

we need a pic of this aut trash can