Friday, August 21, 2009

Orange Is My Favorite Color

For those of you who know where I work, you will recognize this picture as the icon of the company. I don't want to name it here because I don't want to get sniffed out (some companies "sniff" blogs for their company names). Not that I have anything bad to say, I just don't want the attention. And I really don't have anything bad to say! What a great first week! I feel so comfortable and welcomed there. There are routine security issues to be handled and meetings to attend and events to plan for, but I feel I have been prepping for this job for a long, long time. I think my boss has a lot of confidence in me and we get along great. Everything is paperless (computerized) so I am loving it. No briefcase to lug around, no files, not even a flash drive. The future is here! I split my time between the high rise office building downtown and the campus on the edge of the city. So I get a change of scenery daily. The benefits for the employees are too many to list - there is even a doctor on site every day with a full working medical office!

I purposely didn't post a blog for over a week because I wanted plenty of exposure to my previous blog. God really took care of me as I knew He would. I hope I can encourage someone with my story or at least be more compassionate to someone else going through what I did.

It was super hot and humid here all week. Set a water temperature record in the pool for this summer of 87ยบ the other day. Barely acceptable limit for Lucie to get in! Speaking of, she has made me supper every night this week and we all sat down together for dinner most nights. I give that about 2 more days... ha ha
Ashleigh has to leave her school at 4:45 AM tomorrow for a day long field hockey tournament down state. Elliott will probably go to bed around that time after staying up playing xBox all night...

I haven't been on the elliptical this week due to long work hours and trying to establish a routine. I am up 4 pounds this month but it is early in my measuring cycle (I go the 15th to the 15th). I have had an average weight decrease the past two months. I played hoops last night and felt OK physically, but didn't shoot very well.

I will post more often but I can't say enough how blessed and happy I am with this job!

No comments: