Saturday, October 24, 2009

Say Ah

Don't be frightened by the image to the right. That is a model of the palate expander Elliott recently had "installed." Quite a contraption. Looks like something out of the "Saw" movies. And uncomfortable too as you can imagine. But he is getting used to it and a friend of ours let us borrow a Water Pik to help keep things clean. He has to keep that thing in for about 6 months and then goes to regular braces. It will be worth it in the end.

All else is going pretty well. Ashleigh's field hockey team is struggling a bit but they are playing MUCH better than previous years. A&E are doing fine in school. Work is going well for me. Lucie is busy with work and hay rides and getting ready for the kids church Christmas play.

The other night I sat down to read my email and the monitor went black. No power. So I checked the usual suspects and finally felt the monitor power supply. VERY hot. In fact, it had scorched my oak desk! Good thing I didn't have it on the carpet. So I bought a new one on eBay for $25 and am back in business. Kind of scary but whatever fuse or safety built into it burned out (maybe a bit slowly) so I guess it did its job. And replacing the power supply is a heck of a lot cheaper than a whole new flat screen monitor. Had to dredge up an ancient CRT monitor - big huge heavy thing with a tiny screen. But it worked.

No comments: