Saturday, August 28, 2010

23 Years Today

Today is our 23rd wedding anniversary.  Last night we were at a friends' house for a birthday party and the subject of weddings came up.  Ashleigh told us later she was surprised at how we, and the other couples in the discussion, had forgotten a lot of the details of the wedding date itself.  At the time it seemed so important but now, not so much.  I guess there is a lesson in there about what is really important and what isn't.  I looked up to see what the traditional anniversary gift is for the 23rd and that is one of the "in-between" years.  The "modern" list says silver plate is the gift.  This is all the silver plate I need...  Anyway, so far so good and I am a blessed man.
It was a great week at work - and it was my one year work anniversary two weeks ago.  Still loving the job and the culture.  We had a few computer issues to work through this week but we got them resolved.  On Friday I was "featured" at the department Town Hall meeting which was video conferenced across the country.  I had done a security assessment at a place where there is going to be a corporate function soon and the place (purposely being vague here) said they had never had a corporate security representative come do an assessment before a corporate event.  Seems fundamental to me...  Anyway, that review and report earned me some recognition.  At the time I was embarrassed but it was very nice to be called out as a guy who thinks "outside the box."

Speaking of boxes, I got my new grill last week but the lid came dented and the paint chipped.  I made a call to Weber on Saturday morning, got right through to a human being, and a new lid was shipped right to me.  Got it Thursday.  I will tack a picture of it on the bottom of this post for those not on Facebook to see.

I took off the word verification requirement on the Comments section of this blog for those who like to leave Anonymous comments.  Had to put it back on because I immediately started getting spam postings.  Sorry about that.

We are using a gift certificate to go to Texas Roadhouse tonight for supper.  It's almost 11:30 AM - Ashleigh has gone to the beach with friends and Elliott is still asleep.  I guess we won't be getting breakfast in bed...

                                    

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

nice grill, now cook me some vittles and put it on a Coach plate! lol