Saturday, December 18, 2010

Still Sad

This coming Thursday will be one year that our Jasmine died.  Since then big Mocha has helped fill the void and we have some great paintings and memories of Jasmine around the house.  But we still miss her and we are reminded of her whenever we see another Golden in our travels.  I was doing pretty well not thinking about her until my cousin-in-law posted the poem below on Facebook this morning.  Killed me.  I am sure others have had bigger human losses in their lives and I don't mean to be poopy at this happy time of the year. Might as well get it all out today and maybe I will be better on Thursday.  After the poem is another one another friend sent at the time.  Still gets me...

God saw you getting tired and a cure was not to be.

So he put his arms around you and whispered “Come with Me.”

With tearful eyes we watched and saw you pass away.

Although we love you dearly we could not make you stay.

A golden heart stopped beating, hard working paws at rest...

God broke our hearts to prove to us, he only takes the best.



I lost a treasured friend today

The little dog who used to lay

Her gentle head upon my knee

And shared her silent thoughts with me.

She’ll come no longer to my call

Retrieve no more her favorite ball

A voice far greater than my own

Has called her to his golden throne.

Although my eyes are filled with tears

I thank him for the happy years

He let her spend down here with me

And for her love and loyalty.

When it is time for me to go

And join her there, this much I know

I shall not fear the transient dark

For she will greet me with a bark.

5 comments:

Robin said...

What a sweet picture! Your words are very touching. Bringing tears to my eyes all over again. May Mocha help you heal and start a new tradition of happy doggie Christmas memories.

Anonymous said...

I remember that day. It was a very sad one for you. Love the second poem...I always have. Happy Holidays :)

Shawn H said...

Thanks. That 2nd poem was right on time - and Happy Birthday.

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the b-day wish:)

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year. A little late on the wishes, but the sentiment is the same. Wishing you and your family a wonderful year ahead.

Shawn H said...

Thank you my friend.