Saturday, January 15, 2011

Doh! Nuts!

The other day I pulled up to Dunkin Donuts and ordered a large coffee and two donuts.  I had a coupon for the two donuts - two for $0.99.  So I went to the window and gave the girl my coupon and a gift card (that had like $4.65 left on it).  She told me I still owed her money!  What?!  I tried to explain that it made no sense that a cup of coffee with two donuts should cost more than 5 bucks AND I had a coupon!  I might as well have been asking for technical support for a computer if you know what I mean...  I finally gave up and paid the money and went on my way.  My receipt showed two things - the girl had added $0.99 for the donuts instead of subtracting it and there was an invite for me to fill out a customer service survey.  Fill it out I did!  That afternoon I got a nice call and email from the store manager and he is going to make it all right. 

More important than all of that, Ashleigh got another acceptance letter.  This one from the University of Delaware nursing program.  We hear only 100 people get into the program every year.  She is still set on Stevenson but it is nice to have a choice.  Today I filled out the financial aid application and found out the hard way that there is a difference between fasfa.COM and fasfa.GOV.  One is the real Federal Financial Aid online program and the other is an identical site that charges you to apply...  So after getting to the end of the application that comes with a fee, I recognized the error of my ways and had to do it all over again (for free).

Off this Monday.  We may have a little Patriots watching party over here tomorrow night.

No comments: