Monday, January 17, 2011

And Your Total Comes to Zero Dollars

I was off today so I went over to Dunkin Donuts to make good on their offer to correct their previous over-charge.  The manager was very pleasant and he tried to pay me back for my entire order.  I took the $2 they owed me and put the rest in the tip jar.  He then insisted I take a free coffee and donut.  The last thing I wanted to do was make him unhappy so I obliged...

While I was out, I got a Facebook notification that Chic Fil A had a free Facebook promotion:  between 3 and 4 PM, mention the promo and get a free large order of waffle fries.  So I pulled in and asked for them.  They said the promo was for free chicken nuggets.  Even better!  It was funny, after they told me it was nuggets, they said, "Your total comes to zero dollars.  Please pull around."  When I pulled up to the window, I asked what happened to the waffle fries promo.  The kid said there were two promos going on and asked if I wanted the fries too!  Why surely I do!  But wait - there's more:  when I got home, they gave me TWO orders of chicken nuggets AND the large waffle fries! 

I would make some sort of "Free at last..." comment due to today being MLK day but someone will probably get offended...

1 comment:

"FAITH" said...

Wow sounds like you had quite a day. : )