Tuesday, May 31, 2011

I Said Heel

I would rather say, "Heal!"  For several months now I have had mild to pretty darn bad (that is the medical range term by the way) heel pain.  Mostly in my right foot but some in the left too.  I can definitely trace it back to the trip to NYC around Thanksgiving that I took Ashleigh and Lucie on.  I went up to do some work at one of our company's remote sites there and wore my regular shoes.  Lucie had other plans though.  Walking plans.  Walking, and walking, and walking plans...  Ever since that day my feet just haven't been right.  I have tried different shoes, inserts, pads, stretching, etc.  I might get the pain to subside for a day or two, but it is usually right back.  Terrible in the mornings.  Classic symptoms of Plantar Fascitis.  I have had that before but it went away with some stretching.  But this is not stopping.  So off to the podiatrist I go today.  He thinks it is actually bone spurs that have developed and he may give me a cortisone shot.  But enough is enough.  I just hope this doesn't hurt my basketball playing...

Great day in the pool yesterday with friends.  The air was hot and the pool water was 85º.  That is a new high for May.  Here is a video of Mocha making a splash:

No comments: