Saturday, May 7, 2011

Someone's Getting Old...

This week was Elliott's 16th birthday.  Why, I remember when...  He is now taking driving lessons and is out on a "date" with some friends as I write this.  He is having his party in a couple of weeks due to a bunch of other stuff we have going on.  On his birthday he had a lacrosse game and scored a hat trick (3 goals!).  They won and he was pretty happy.  We raced from there over to IHOP for a fundraiser for Ashleigh's team.  We had had a cake a couple of days before. 

And to add to my aging misery, this week was our 25th anniversary of graduating from Oral Roberts University.  25 years!  Last night was Ashleigh's Senior Prom.  More on that in another post.

Since my last writing, we replaced the carpet in the dining room with hardwood flooring.  The room isn't very big so we got the best product we could.  A crew of guys came out and ripped out the old carpet and I bleached the floor and put several coats of KILZ down.  They came a couple of days later and did a BEAUTIFUL and fast job of laying down the wood.  Mocha loves it - another place to cool herself off on.

No big plans for Mother's Day.  I told Ashleigh and Elliott that they are old enough to take care of Lucie.  She is their mother, not mine (and I took care of my mother!).

Here is a picture of the dining room now.

No comments: