Saturday, August 20, 2011

Chair-ity Case

One of our pool-side stools rusted thru this summer.  Oddly enough, a year or two ago Ashleigh put one in the pool and sat in it and now we have one chair out of 5 that has rusted...  Anyway, when my younger brother visited recently, he offered to fabricate a piece to fix it.  He did a great job and sent me the pieces.  However, as the picture shows, it broke during my efforts to slide it in.  Back to the drawing board...

Just halfway through August and it is already the wettest August on record.  I may actually mow the yard now.  The funny thing is, after it rains, there are about a dozen little frogs in the pool (I do rescue them).  But when it is hot and dry out, they don't get in.  You would think it would be the opposite way.

I ran the entire safety and security part of the annual picnic at work this.  Aside from some communication issues with the City, all went extremely well.  I was so pleased.  And relieved!

I am on vacation this coming week.  Not sure how much of a vacation it's going to be:  Ashleigh goes to college on Wednesday and Lucie gets rotator cuff surgery on Thursday.  Maybe I will get called in...

No comments: