Sunday, July 31, 2011

Resistance Is STILL Futile

In August of last year, I wrote about a resistor going bad in the electronic board for the pool salt chlorinator.  A less than $3 part went bad on a nearly $700 board!  I was able to take out the old one resistor, solder in a new one, and all was good.  Well dang if it didn't happen again this year - the resistor stopped working.  Me, being the smart guy that I am, bought TWO resistors last year.  Installed one and put one in a safe place.  So this year I went to go to that safe place but could NOT find it!  I tore the house apart but couldn't find it.  So I ordered 3 more.  They came pretty quickly and I installed one (and put one spare in the control panel and the other spare taped to the owner's manual).  It's been a little tricky - I am not the best solderer and it is intricate work.  But so far so good.  I did learn a shocking lesson today that pulling a fuse on the board is NOT the same as shutting the power off at the fuse box...

Lucie had a good week at camp but her shoulder/rotator cuff pain is getting worse.  Going for an MRI next Friday.

I've spent a lot of time floating in the pool lately.  The water temp is in the upper 80's every day so I am making the most of it while I can.  When we first put the pool in, we had tree people come and cut the over-hanging limbs back.  They have grown back so we get a lot of stuff dropping in the water from the trees (and the critters that live in them).  Pretty much every day is a vacuuming day. 

Hard to believe tomorrow is August 1...

No comments: