Saturday, July 2, 2011

Towers and Troubles

Today, yes during the holiday weekend, we made the 80 mile trip to Tower Beach in southern Delaware.  Took 2 hours to get 10 miles away, another hour to make those last 10 miles...  Anyway, it was a great day - warm and breezy.  The water was chilly but I got some sun and a nap.  Of course when we got home the sun was nice enough to point out exactly where I missed with the sunscreen....  We left the dogs outside and Mocha doesn't eat or nap when we leave her alone so she wolfed down her supper and flopped.

Had some cable modem issues - it would randomly reboot.  Annoying to me - devastating to Elliott when he is trying to play XBox online.  So I went to Comcast and picked up a rental to test.  If it holds up, I will know my old modem was dying.  It's only been a few days but the rental hasn't rebooted yet.

Got a weird pool issue - silt on the bottom.  It is very fine and wispy but dark.  It is not sandy or gritty.  If I wipe my hand over it, it sorts of fades away.  But settles back down on the bottom.  I have vacuumed it out with the filter set to WASTE so it doesn't re-circulate but rather pumps straight out to the yard.  The next day the bottom is silty again.  I may have to add some stuff to make it coagulate ("flocculate" is the technical term) and try to vacuum it out again.

Ashleigh is pretty much working full time over the summer.  Elliott is in vacation mode.  He got his report card - straight A's and is in the top 10 of his class.  He plays lacrosse Thursday afternoons and is driving.

My feet are doing much, much better.  The two cortisone shots, inserts, meds, exercises and wicked expensive new sneakers are really helping.  I thought it would be the end of my basketball career but the Doc says I have a ways to go...

No big plans for the 4th.  But tomorrow night will be the first night in the Hale family tent.  Should be quite an experience...

No comments: