Saturday, July 23, 2011

Sticking Together

A couple of weeks ago the subwoofer in my Pathfinder blew.  Which means with every beat of every song, there was a rattly noise.  Ugh.  Drove me crazy.  Nice Bose system too - which you would think would be built to handle the sound no matter how loud I cranked it.  Anyway, it was a major pain to get to it to try and replace it and I could only get the bottom two screws out.  As I was working on it, I noticed that the center cone was separated from the outer paper material.  So I smeared a ring of glue around it and all is good!  Sounds perfect.

Our first tenting experience was not that great because of the hard ground.  So I dug out our queen sized air mattress and went to work finding and repairing the leak.  It has a built-in pump so I pumped her up and took it out to the pool.  I found the leak and remembered it was a spot that Jasmine had stepped on and poked a hole in it with her toenail.  So I went to work coating it with glue and putting on patches.  Seems much better.

Yesterday Lucie and I took a 2.5 hour drive down to Bethany Beach.  Really nice little area.  Of course it was 102º out but at least there there was a strong breeze.  I wasn't too excited about sitting on the hot sand baking (even under an umbrella) so we walked around the shops and looked at things.  Nice time.  Stopped for supper on the way home.  It was pretty relaxing because Elliott stayed home with the dogs (Ashleigh was working) so we didn't have a curfew to beat.

No comments: