Friday, February 29, 2008

DVD Burning

Today is cruise DVD burning day. I had recorded a little over 2 hours of video on the cruise. I intended to edit that down to under an hour to get the highest quality DVD but after editing for a few hours and seeing that I had only cut out 11 minutes, I let it go. I added some music and transitions and it came out to be about 1:40. Lots of dodge ball and rock climbing footage as well as video shot out the side of the truck to and from Coki Beach in St. Thomas. I guess that is what the fast forward button is for.

I got a lame form letter from the place I interviewed with saying they could not offer me employment at this time. I am bummed. I thought I did so well and it was in the bag. What is worse is that in the letter, the lady writing it said she enjoyed talking to me - and I never met her! Insult to injury... Nothing I can do about it now except keep the faith. And practice my future communication skills like, "Do you want fries with that...?"

Lucie is going away to Kids Camp today till Sunday. The kids have gym night tonight and I will be here feeding DVDs into the burner. After that it is scary movie marathon weekend.

The other day, the tiny rubber piece that covers my headphone jack on the top of my cell phone disappeared. It is on top of the phone so it is an open manhole cover for rain and other stuff to go right into the phone guts. I tried to find a replacement one online and at the Verizon store. No luck. So I called LG (the phone maker) and they had them for $0.98 each. With free shipping! But - minimum order is $10. So now I have 11 of them coming. Let me know if you need one....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Should have stuck a wad of gum on the hole. :)