Saturday, September 11, 2010

Hard Driving

Another busy but not really notable week.  During last week's Office update on Lucie's computer, I saw she was just about out of hard drive space.  I took it to the local PC place figuring they could slap in a new drive and "Ghost" over the contents of her old one quicker and more efficiently than I could.  And indeed they could - for $200!  Um, no thanks.  So I bought a new drive from Dell ($65) and Ghosted it myself.  (Norton Ghost is a program that makes an exact duplicate of your hard drive that you can store like on an external drive in case your hard drive crashes.  Buy a new hard drive, copy the duplicate back onto it, and you are back and running without having to reinstall everything.  I "Ghost" our hard drives every month and save the copy just in case...).  Worked out really well and she now has 10x more free space than she did last week at this time.

Getting pretty cool at night and the leaves are dropping.  I have to consider closing down the pool but I hate to do it.  And Mocha swims in it every day.  Maybe in a couple of weeks.

Ashleigh has started her field hockey season.  Her final one I guess.  I have a link to her schedule and scores on my web page.

I went to my doctor yesterday and was declared stone free.  No recommendations or advice on how to avoid them going forward as nothing is really proven to be the cause.  So I will go back in a year for a check up and see if I am creating any new pearls.

Nothing really planned for the weekend.  Of course today is a day of remembrance.  Seems like just yesterday we were sitting around the TV watching those images over and over.  Still hard to believe.

No comments: