Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Car Insurance - Money Down The Drain

In May, we have to add Elliott to our car insurance.  We'd be far better off selling the cars and buying bicycles.  What a racket.  I have checked the rates from 8 different companies and all but one are within about $10 of each other.  Doesn't that sound like price-fixing...?  But the one that is cheaper is $100 per month cheaper!  I did this same research a while ago and found that my own company was cheaper than everyone else but AFTER I canceled my policy with them and re-joined.  What a scam.  Turns out it is the consumer who has to do their homework and request new rates - the companies will soak you for as long as they can.  Until you catch on.  I so wanted to just quit my old company but after re-applying, they were the cheapest.  Not this time.

All else is going fine.  God continues to bless us and meet our needs.  Somehow.  I don't ask.  We just go to the cupboard and the oil and flour are there every day.  I look for jobs every day and keep up with my contacts on Linked In and elsewhere.  Had a couple of things with some potential about two weeks ago, but they didn't work out.  There is another great opportunity that I would love to do but it requires the creation of a position and that will take time.  When Lucie heard that, the first thing she said, and in fact the first thing I thought was, there is no way we can make it that long.  But I looked at her and said, that's what we said in October...  So we press on believing and being thankful and asking God to continue to provide and to be sure that we don't miss any opportunities.

No comments: