Wednesday, March 7, 2012

My Father Passed Away, February 21, 2012

My father passed away on February 21, 2012.  He was 72 years old and had been in a Little Rock, Arkansas hospital for a few weeks.  It seems there were some complications from his dialysis treatments.  Thanks to God and the generosity of a lot of people, my brother and I were able to use my remaining frequent flier miles to go there, rent a car, and stay in a motel for a few days for the funeral and burial.  We were able to connect with some family members from his side of the family that we had either never met or met over 40 years ago.  Each one of them was gracious and open and generous.  We were also able to go see the C130 plane that he flew on as a mechanic during the Vietnam War.



Click the link below for video of the Air Force Honor Guard ceremony at the Veteran's Cemetery.


Here is the last picture I have of he and I together.  I was in Dallas in the Fall of 2010 for a convention but I was able to get away for a day and see him.

No comments: