Thursday, May 7, 2009

Could Be Worse

Apparently there is a town in Australia that is being over-run by spiders (as pictured to the right) that are at LEAST this size! I think I would move into a giant Ziploc bag for a while... and worry about oxygen later.

Finally Oprah Winfrey really did something worthwhile and offered free Kentucky Grilled Chicken coupons online. A friend forwarded the link to me so we printed out our coupons and off we went. Worked out well and we got 3 meals for free! Poor Ashleigh missed out because she was at a school function but they fed her there. Anyway, the promotion is over but we ate well.

Ashleigh's game was rained out today but of course, 10 minutes after they called it, the sun came out! This afternoon a strong storm went through and about 1o minutes later, a wicked bolt of lightning hit a tree out in the woods. KABLAM! Scared me to death. Just like you hear about - the skies were clearing, storm had passed, and then WHAMO. Scared the dogs pretty good too.

I had a very interesting phone call today with someone who has an opportunity for me. Local and right up my alley. Very entrepreneurial but ground level and exciting. I will post more later as this develops. He and I are meeting next Wednesday to go over specifics but this has potential.

Tomorrow Lucie and I are going to move some stuff around in the basement and place the big entertainment center we picked up from our friends' yard sale. It came out really nice and will look good down there.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

http://www.kfc.com/coupons/raincheck.asp
Raincheck for the coupons