Monday, May 18, 2009

It's All About The Timing

Timing is everything they say. We see it every day. On the way home today, Lucie, Elliott and I came across an accident that had the road shut down. Ashleigh was home but was supposed to leave to go to a friend's house. She got delayed so not only was she not in the accident, she was able to go a different route and avoid the whole mess. Later on when I was walking the dogs, they both decided they had to poop - halfway through the walk. They had been outside with me all day while I mowed and did yard work but they waited to go until it was the most inconvenient. Being the good neighbor that I am, I have a spool of bags with me so I cleaned up after them. And then I had to walk the second half of the trip with two bags of poop in my hand like prized pelts from a hunting expedition. Anyway, when you think about the timing of things, it can be pretty amazing how just a second here or there can have monumental effects. And that ties into a more serious matter I am dealing with - knowing when the right time is to make a decision. Nothing is easy...

Pretty chilly around here today. But nice and sunny. We had a good weekend - cooked out with friends, went out with the church group after church Sunday night, Lucie went to a Scottish games festival and A&E had friends over. Busy but good.

Buttercup the snake is missing in action. I am sure it hasn't gone far and probably was burrowed away somewhere because it was chilly out.

We are finally catching up on some season finales - we watched 24 tonight and saw Fringe and The Office earlier. We still have Heroes and Lost and Terminator to catch up on. Although we just found out Terminator was canceled so I that is not high on the priority list now.

Lacrosse banquet tomorrow night.







No comments: