Friday, May 22, 2009

The Pool Is Open

Today I got motivated and opened the pool all by myself. There is a lot to it but I have detailed instructions that I made and I print every year. I have to undo the cover springs (the cover is like a trampoline cover affixed to the concrete with springs and posts), wrestle the cover off, dry and bag it, screw in the 36 posts flush with the concrete, take out the winter plugs, put in the steps rails, etc. etc. etc. Quite a process but it was fun. The water is a bright green but it should clear up in a day or two. It is a bit frosty at 62 degrees. But once the water clears up I will fire up the solar heater and getting that going.

A little while after I got started, Jasmine came up with a dead mouse in her mouth. Or so I thought. Turns out a bird had made a nest in the corner of the fenced in pool area. Obviously very low. By the time I got over to it, the dogs and decimated the nest and killed all the little birds but one. About 5 of them. I moved the nest out in the woods with the one little survivor but I think that one is a goner too. Kind of sad.

My game at hoops tonight was sad too. Poor shooting, two times in a row I threw away the inbounds pass, weak rebounding. Ugh. I hit a few jumpers and did have a couple of nice full court passes. But I was drained from working in the sun all day.

Ashleigh went to Nathan's senior prom tonight. They came home and changed and went to the after-prom party at the school. Lucie tried to stay up but didn't make it.

We went to her Cambridge honors banquet last night. That was fun. She and the other students were recognized for their achievements and hard work. Pretty fun.

At the security luncheon I went to yesterday I got a lead on an Investigator job. It didn't pan out due to the experience required and distance. Back to the drawing board...

No plans for tomorrow or the weekend except to sit around the pool I suppose...

No comments: