Saturday, April 21, 2012

Rack One Up For Home Depot

This strange looking thing to the right is actually a tool clamp rack that I have in my shed.  Got a couple of them from Home Depot a few years ago.  They work pretty well and slide along the rack.  One of the clamps broke the other day so I contacted Home Depot about replacing just the clamp - not the whole rack.  Within a couple of hours I received a call and an email from HD saying they contacted the manufacturer but they don't sell the individual clamps.  I was long out of warranty so I thanked them for their speedy response and let it go.  The next day, someone from the local HD store called and said she wanted to give me an entire replacement rack!  I said that wasn't necessary - I wasn't complaining or dissatisfied and certainly wasn't angling for a freebie.  But she said it was there if I wanted it so I went and got it!  Nice job Home Depot!

Meanwhile, I replaced the Pathfinder mirror and all is going well except for my tree pollen allergies.  Wicked bad this year.  Elliott missed some practices during Spring Break (his coach is one of those who believes there is nothing more important in life than high school lacrosse and all extraneous activity must cease during the season...) so his coach benched him and the other starters who missed some Spring Break practices for two games.  Oddly enough they were games against the worst teams in the division and his team won big without him and the other starters so it was OK.  Elliott was fine with it.  He will miss some more practices while he is in Utah for the DECA competition.

Still working on a couple of employment leads and very optimistic something will come through soon.

No comments: