Saturday, April 7, 2012

No Looking Back

Literally - no looking back.  I was driving out of the neighborhood and was adjusting the rear windows for Mocha when I got a little too close to someone's mailbox.  Or should I say, "Fort Knox?"  The mailbox looked like a regular one but it was some sort of hardened steel box inside.  My hitting it didn't do a thing to it and it barely left a mark on the outside of my mirror housing, but it shattered the glass.  $22.55 from eBay and I will be all set in a few days.

As you know I am always finding meaning for the seemingly random things in life and it didn't take long for me to see how this is consistent with a recent theme that Lucie and I have been noticing.  The theme is from Isaiah 43:19 where God says He is doing a new thing.  We've seen this pop up a few times in the past week or so so I am claiming this as an allegory to not looking back but looking forward to whatever new thing is in store for us.

All else is going well.  Elliott is playing well at lacrosse and got his second goal the other day.  Ashleigh is home for spring break.

No comments: