Monday, April 30, 2012

Someone's In The Garage!

Let me set the background up on this story.  The other night at basketball I took a hard elbow to the chest that wound up bruising my sternum.  From the inside.  I imagine it feels like a broken rib or pulled chest muscle because EVERY appendage on my body is somehow attached to it.  I felt like a lobster tail being split open every time I moved.    The next day I got a bad cold and hadn't slept well at all the night before.  So I went to bed early Saturday night completely sore, sick and exhausted.  At 2:22 AM, the dogs started barking.  And it was serious barking.  So Lucie sprang to the window and said there were police cars outside.  Sure enough, 3 county police cars with the officers talking to a guy sitting on the curb in front of our house.  We have electric candles in the windows so there was a glare and I couldn't see very well.  I sat on the edge of the bed to put some sweats on when Lucie yells out, "There's a car backed up to our garage and someone is coming in and out!"  I looked again and there WAS a car backed up to the house!  Well that lit a fire under me so I finished getting dressed and threw on a hat and went downstairs.  I yanked open the door from the family room to the garage and there was someone standing right there!  Ashleigh!  Now for the rest of the story...

She and her boyfriend (Nathan) and some other friends were going to go to the Baltimore Orioles game that night.  On his way to get her, with their friends in his car, Nathan's car broke down.  He got it off the road so Ashleigh went and got them all and went to the game.  Nathan and the friends needed to get home in our area so Ashleigh decided to bring them all home and spend the night with us (instead of going back to school).  I turned my cell off so I could sleep so I missed her calls and texts (she didn't call the house phone).  When they got to our house, they saw the police were talking to the dude outside.  (Don't know where he came from but he was just upset about some domestic issue - not a problem.)  So she pulled into the driveway to drop off some stuff she had in the car and come in to go to bed.  Nathan would take her car home and drop off the friends along the way.  Just bad timing.  Of course it was a couple of hours before we all got settled down and to sleep...

No comments: