Thursday, October 2, 2008

Field Promotion

Ashleigh had another field hockey game last night and they got beat 11-0. The only good news was that it was 9-0 at the half and her team slowed the scoring down in the second half. Ashleigh was really passionate on the field and was trying to motivate her team. That effort paid off today as the team voted her team co-captain. The original captains got bumped up to the varsity team so the team took a secret vote and she and the goalie are now co-captains. Now she can put some of her energy to work in the practices and calling plays in the field.

Meanwhile, Elliott was one 'kill' away from a field promotion of his own in the XBox game of Halo but one of the other online players quit which denied Elliott his glory. Major bummer for him.

Lucie and I took a road trip down to Maryland today and did some shopping at a scrapbooking store (she shopped - I napped in the car) and we went to the Baltimore IKEA. That store is great for ideas. We got some little lights for the bookshelves and I got a folding, high stool for the church soundbooth (where I do the video operations on a regular basis).

Tonight I played basketball. I played pretty gingerly at first, but then I felt pretty good and my back loosened up. My shot was off and I didn't play at full capacity, but I kept up with the guys and feel pretty good now afterwards.

Things are still looking good for a one-day job next week in NYC. I cannot provide details here but it is a fairly high profile opportunity that will pay enough to cover a bill or two. Still early but I am optimistic.

No comments: