Monday, October 6, 2008

On To The Next Round

In a really exciting ending to the game, the Red Sox won their first play-off series against the LA Angels. Tie game at the bottom of the 9th, close play at the plate, and the Sox win! Pretty exciting. They now play the Tampa Bay Rays. The winner of that series goes to the World Series.

Had a bad back day today. I sure wish I knew what I was doing wrong to make it hurt so bad. But I took it easy all day, put the heat to it, and stretched a lot. It is feeling better tonight. Maybe it is the Red Sox win that helped.

We had a good Sunday. Went to the mall for Lucie to pick up something from there and had lunch at the Food Court. Came home and watched Iron Man on DVD. We saw it at the theaters when it first came out. Really, really good. Not your typical super-hero movie.

I found out today my nephew's football jersey number is the same as my freshman basketball jersey number - 43. Coincidentally, I scored a total of 7 points all the year I played with that number. Surely he will put up better stats than me!

One of the leaders at church asked me to help with a group of boys earn their basketball merit badges on Wednesday nights. There are about 20-25 boys, around age 13, and I only have a few minutes to try and get some instruction in. Last week was my first week. That was an eye opener. Lots of fun but I need to change my approach so that I talk less and they play more.

A&E are off from school later this week. No real plans yet.

I still have a couple of exciting things that could potentially work out in the employment area. I am really optimistic about one option. The others are long shots but would be fine too.

No comments: