Saturday, October 4, 2008

It Doesn't Always Have A Bad Ending

If you look closely at the picture, you will see a couple of mating praying mantids (yes, "mantids" is the plural of praying mantis). I found them in the front bush when I came home tonight. I figured the poor fella was about to lose his head but I did some research and found that that occurs less than a third of the time in the wild - it is much more likely to happen in a lab setting. So maybe today is this guy's lucky day...

Been a couple of quiet days around here. The kids had youth group last night so Lucie and I did some grocery shopping and got new pillows. She picks out some super duper thing, and I was fine with the Wal-Mart $8 one. We got home and she laid down on hers for a few minutes, then tried mine. Ten minutes later she was asleep for the night on mine so it looks like I get the super one.

Ashleigh has a field hockey game at the University tonight on their astro-turf. It is a big tournament and it is usually pretty exciting. She had a friend stay overnight last night who played in the tournament yesterday.

My stupid wifi has started acting up again. Just out of the blue it will shut down. Then start up again. The randomness is what is so annoying - I don't know what is causing it or how to stop it. Something must be interfering in the neighborhood but I have no idea what.

Looks like a quiet day tomorrow too. The Red Sox could win their first playoff series tomorrow. I guess I should be glad for the slow days to allow my back time to get better. It seems to be settling in just above my hips in the back but I don't need the brace so much. I just keep stretching and taking it easy. But bending over to like touch my toes, or rising from a sitting position is still painful.

No comments: