Friday, June 12, 2009

45


Yesterday was my 45th birthday. Pretty low key day. I ran errands all morning and then set up the church for basketball that night. We met some friends at Dave's Famous BBQ for dinner. That was really good. Always is. It was a rainy day with some loud thunder at night but relaxing and fun. I got a nice Life is Good shirt, a gift certificate to Barnes & Noble, and Lucie got me a desk fan. Which she is returning today! ha ha Nice idea because the computer room is pretty warm but the ceiling fan works fine and I really don't need. I appreciated the thought. I also got a new money clip. Not that I have anything to put in it...

Ashleigh and Elliott are both done with school for the summer. They are going to church camp next week.

Elliott's finger is coming along OK. The surgeon took a look at his old fingernail and promptly pulled it off and threw it away! ha ha Elliott was shocked but it didn't hurt. Now we see a stitch was left behind so I have to call today to see if they need to yank that out or just let it grow out. But his finger looks much better now with that old dead fingernail gone. The new nail is about half grown in.

Buttercup the snake has found a new spot to lounge in during the day - back by the pool pump. I think it likes the warmth it generates. It stays on one side of the fence - just out of reach of the dogs!

No plans for the weekend that I know of. I was really hoping to have some employment news by my birthday but I have none.

No comments: