Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Buttercup Gets Around

What you see to the left is the common Buttercup. But we have a rather uncommon Buttercup. Remember the garter snake that Elliott and I caught a couple of weeks ago? It is still around and we see it every day. Elliott has named it Buttercup. It spends its days in the bushes in the front yard sunning itself. Yesterday, I saw Britni the beagle howling at something at the side garage door. Sure enough, there is Buttercup making its way along the edge of the house to the bushes by the pool gate. Tonight Lucie HAD to have hot dogs from the grill so when I was standing there cooking, I looked down and there was Buttercup right at my feet! Britni was about to go after it so we got her into the house and Buttercup made her way somewhere. It is about 2 feet long and almost as big around as a garden hose. I looked away for a second and it was gone! Of course Lucie is not too pleased with this situation but I don't mind.

Today I was pretty productive trimming and mowing and doing some pool maintenance. The pool got up to 79 degrees today. That is nice.

Over the weekend we went to Newark Night with some friends and ran into a lot more down there. They close down Main Street and a bunch of vendors set up shop. We love going there every year to roam around and eat funnel cake. And some people always bring their St. Bernards and Great Danes so those are nice to see. I was hoping we would have some people over for games afterward and we did. But we weren't home too long when a few more friends showed up. Come to find out, Lucie had arranged for a surprise birthday party for me! My birthday isn't until Thursday and I had no clue at all! She pulled off a good one. That was fun. Sunday night most of us got together again and played some more.

Today Ashleigh started a summer field hockey league. The field is quite a ways away in Wilmington so she is coordinating car pooling with some teammates. The games are not long and it will be a good tune up before the high school varsity season starts in the fall.

Tomorrow I have a free follow up visit to the root canal doc. And Elliott has another appointment with the finger surgeon. That means another round of x-rays.

Still working on the employment situation and am hoping to have an update tomorrow.

No comments: