Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Games And Things

This morning Elliott and I headed over to the Y to play some racquetball. You have to be 14 to play there so he was finally able to legitimately play. Only took me about 3 minutes to nail him in the back. All part of the game, son, all part of the game...

We came home from there and had some tuna fish sandwiches for lunch and showered and headed out again. We saw a sign for a Domino's pizza sale (large plain for $4.99) so we got two of those and a couple of scary movies. We also returned a couple of things to Home Depot and Radio Shack and Elliott traded in some old PSP movies and games for Game Stop store credit towards the new Halo game coming out this Fall. Last night we watched one of my favorite movies, Pearl Harbor, and I saw an old Xbox game at Game Stop where you flew missions from that era. $3. So I was getting all psyched up to relive the movie with me as a fighter pilot. But I crashed and burned before I ever got out of the store - all they had was the empty case with no game!

It was a pretty gray day for the most of the day but I took the dogs for a walk around the 'hood. The sun came out towards the end of that. As soon as we get back, the golden heads straight into the pool and the beagle goes into the house and literally falls over onto the kitchen linoleum floor.

We made it through one of the movies (The Haunting in Connecticut). It was fair but relied on the lame scares of sudden loud music and things jumping out on the screen. We will watch the other one tomorrow.

Lucie is doing well at camp with Ashleigh and is posting pictures and updates on Facebook. That is great for the parents to be able to log in and see the updates and know everything is going OK.

The best news of the day (year?) came this morning when the company I am interviewing with called me for a follow-up interview/meeting next week. That is a real positive sign and I am very excited about it! I wish I could do the interview tomorrow!

No comments: