Saturday, July 25, 2009

Hot Pictures

Lucie and Ashleigh got home fine and were tired but not exhausted like they have been in the past. The campground had set up a wifi network and Lucie was able to post pictures and videos to Facebook so all the family and friends left behind could check in and see how things were going. Very good!

Elliott and I survived on pizza and scary movies. Tough week for us...

Today Lucie was copying camp pictures to the laptop using a Digital Concepts CD-45 XD Card Reader/Writer when she noticed it was warped and melted and wicked hot! So she yanked it out of the USB slot and saved the XD card. As you can see from my picture, the reader is toast. I went online and found this is not the first time this reader model has melted. I sent an email to the company and will call them on Monday.

We laid low yesterday and today. Tomorrow we take Ashleigh down to the middle part of the state for a 4 day field hockey camp. This is her first time going but she knows some of the other girls that will be there and is looking forward to it.

I had a blog entry titled, "Bugs, Birds and Branches" but didn't have enough other info to post until now. The other day I saw a huge (2 inch?) bug on the bottom of the pool. I fished it out and it looked like something out of the movie The Mummy. While doing that, I heard a big crashing sound from out in the woods. I turned to see a pretty good sized branch falling through the trees and hit the ground. I went back to the bug and set it on a fence post for Elliott to see. He took a look and as we headed back into the house, we saw a dead bird laying in the grass. Both of us swear it wasn't there 5 minutes earlier. I scooped that up and heaved it into the woods. Two minutes later, we noticed the bug was gone! Crazy stuff going on around here!

No comments: