Thursday, July 30, 2009

It's Table Tennis, Not Ping Pong

I broke down and bought a new table tennis table from Costco (big sale) - our old one was 30 years old! It was tired and beat and the edges were pretty much gone. And forget about folding it and rolling it. Costco had one on sale that Lucie liked and I found a friend who is willing to take the old girl (yes it is a good home!). So Elliott and I went and bought it and got a Costco guy to help put it on the Pathfinder roof racks. I brought a lot of rope and tied it down every which way. It wasn't pretty but it held the whole way home. My neighbor was outside so I snagged him and he helped me get it off the roof. Then Elliott and I could take it piece by piece to the basement. And then spent 2 hours putting it together! It had stupid safety things so it wouldn't tip over or fold up (unplanned) which took a long time to install and the directions were pictures. But it is nice. So we get it set up and Elliott is all ready to take on the old man. And danged if he doesn't beat me FOR THE FIRST TIME IN HIS LIFE 22-20! First game on the table too! So he is in hog heaven. It was a good game. And I was really trying.

And in other news... We picked up Ashleigh today from 4 days at field hockey camp in the southern part of the state. She did well and her team won a division championship. Lots of drills and skills and playing but she had fun. The pool hit 86ยบ the other day but of course it rained when Lucie was going to have a church pool party so that got rained out. I had a second interview this week which I think went very well. Great company. The interviewers were thorough and probing but fair and sincere. I am excited. I have been working on some background info that they need and just waiting by the phone for a call...!

No comments: