Friday, July 3, 2009

Things Are Rockin

On July 1, around 9:45 AM, a small (2.7) earthquake hit the area. I didn't feel or hear a thing. We actually feel a lot of ground vibrations from detonations at the Aberdeen Proving Grounds (we are 20 miles away) so another little house shaking didn't concern me.

Meanwhile, my interview this week went very well. Thanks to all who prayed for me and gave encouraging feedback. There is still a lengthy process and I am not guaranteed anything but I am hopeful and I feel like it is a great opportunity. Absolutely no drawbacks that I can see and the culture looks great.

I spent the rest of the week running errands for Lucie as she gets ready for Vacation Bible School next week. Did some computer work for her too which should make things easier. I had a great night at hoops this week - I was in the right place for rebounds, hit some shots (finally!) and we won more games than we lost. The weather has been pretty good too so I have gotten in some good pool time.

Having some friends over tomorrow for a low budget cook out, then going to the fireworks over the line in Maryland. I swear that town spends half of its annual budget on fireworks! It is always a good time.

No comments: