Saturday, May 3, 2008

Bagged

Some of you may know I am a huge Stephen King fan. And for those of you who don't know, now you do. Try to hide your disappointment if you must... I got hooked as a kid when many of his story settings took place in Maine locations that I knew from growing up there. So over the years, I have accumulated first editions of most of his books with some being quite valuable. Lucie and I were even on the set for a few hours of the filming of "Pet Sematary" and got his autograph and pictures with him. I got another autograph and more pictures at a book signing in Portland one day with the kids. I also have a little collection of movie props and promotional items. (An airline ticket from the movie "The Langoliers," a check used in the movie "Dolores Claiborne, etc.) My latest acquisition is described above - a shopping bag used in the movie, "The Mist." Kind of an odd collection of stuff (and I have a lot more) but it is a fun hobby and inexpensive. eBay has been good to me...

This morning I helped a friend from church pick up and set up a twin sized box spring and frame. Her car was in the shop and she needed to get it picked up and set up before a new tenant moved into her house this evening. That went smoothly. Popped right in the back of the Pathfinder.

Tonight we are going over to some other friends (yes, we have do have many and I can prove it!) for a cookout and bowling. That should be fun.

But most importantly, TODAY IS ELLIOTT'S 13th BIRTHDAY!!! We brought a cake to share with about 80 other kids at church youth group last night. Tomorrow we are taking him to Hibachi's (where they cook up the food right at the table while throwing knives around, etc.). Next weekend he is going with some friends to see the movie Iron Man.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Steven King was recently 50 or 60? and said now he will have to kill his teddy bear!

Shawn H said...

He turned 60 last September. Not sure of the teddy bear line but it sounds like something he would say.