Friday, May 9, 2008

Tree Success

I am declaring the Patmore Ash a surviving success. As you know from earlier posts, the leaves quickly dropped off of it last year (it's first year here) and it was a late bloomer this spring. As the photo shows, it has come alive and is thriving.

Last night was Ashleigh's last home lacrosse game. The refs were an hour late so she played a shortened game in the light rain. They lost again 3-1 but Ashleigh had a shot on goal and the crowd got all wound up when she charged the goal for her shot.

I drove the Miss Daisies around again yesterday. This time down to a scrap-booking store in Maryland. At least it was a change of pace and pretty fun. Another friend was supposed to join us for Ashleigh's game and more scrapping but her car broke down and her cell phone died. So she had a rough night. (She made it home safe and sound and the car is being looked at today. Now to get the phone replaced...).

I canceled basketball last night. Only one person was available to play. Next week looks like a better turnout.

Elliott is home today and Monday for some teacher development. Seems like he is off a lot! It is raining hard here today so we are sort of trapped. He invited some friends to the movies tomorrow as part of his extended birthday party but many couldn't make it so that will be re-scheduled.

Ashleigh is going to a friend's play tonight in Wilmington. The friend's mother will take them, but I have to pick her up. I am looking for some metal plating to put on me and my car before I head in there after dark...

No comments: