Sunday, May 18, 2008

There Are Better Ways To Get Blogged

The pictures you see above are of my nephew's truck stuck in the mud of Littleton, NH. But that is only a small part of the story. To summarize, my older brother and his son took the truck out 4-wheeling and it got stuck. They hooked up a come-along to the truck and a tree and proceeded to try and free the truck. Well, the tree broke and fell on my brother who was unable to get out of the way due to the slick mud. So now he is in ICU with a broken vertebra, two crushed vertebrae, his right shoulder blade is broken in three places, a collapsed lung, a bruised lung, a broken finger and a scalp laceration. Amazingly, they say he will eventually be fine. No paralysis. He was unconscious for a few minutes and the rescue crew had to ride 4-wheelers and walk with a stretcher to get him out. Took them an hour and a half to get to him and get him out. One of the guys who went to get help flipped his 4-wheeler and broke his collar bone. My younger brother and my mother went up to see him. He was talking when he wasn't zonked from pain medicine. There are some other pictures my niece took of my brother in his hospital bed but I will spare him that indignity!

This weekend Elliott and I went and saw Iron Man. Excellent movie. Not comic-booky and had a good story. I was impressed. That night we watched Nicholas Cage in Gone in 60 Seconds. That motivated Elliott to spend some time on Need For Speed on the xBox. Lucie and Ashleigh had a good time at their outdoor event all day Saturday.

Sunday was pretty quiet. Cooked some chili burgers on the grill for lunch and Lucie sewed up a model gas mask for Elliott's school project.

No comments: