Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Pool Pumping

On Sunday I took the cover off the pool and found a horrible, stinky, green, slimy mess. So yesterday I took out the plugs and opened valves and put the jet directionals in and was all ready. Flicked on the pump. It ran about 5 seconds and shut off. The pump was primed and all ready. So I did that over and over and over. Finally I switched the pump to the 'whisper' mode and it ran fine. For about 20 minutes before it got wicked hot and then shut off. So I tried to take the thing apart but it is located behind the filter, right up next to the house and I could barely reach it. I wound up borrowing my neighbors chain wrench and undoing the pool plumbing and dragging the stupid filter all the way out. I took it apart and put it back together. It is air cooled and not much to it. Fired it up and it did the same thing. So I loaded up Ashleigh and her friend and we went to Namco and bought a new one. It was almost identical to the old one. Re-wired it and re-plumbed it and I am back in business. I spent the rest of the day finishing the deck power washing and packing up the cover. Last year it took about 4 days for the green to clear and I can see improvement already. It is 62ยบ in there right now but I won't turn on the solar until the water is clear.

Elliott had a good time at his sleep over. But it should have been called an "awake" over as they did not sleep all night! They all had markers and would write on anyone who slept! He came home around 10 and slept all day but he had a lot of fun.

It is cloudy out today but I will do a little more outside (like back-washing the filter regularly) and then I have a meeting in the afternoon. That should be interesting.

No comments: