Friday, May 23, 2008

If It Could Only Find Help


A couple of weeks ago Magellan, the maker of my GPS, sent me an email about a NEW map upgrade. So I bought it online. Come to find out, it was an update from November, 2007 which I already had. So I called tech support and was told they would cancel my order. Naturally, the upgrade arrived this week and my credit card was charged... I believe I have now spoken with every member of the Magellan Tech Support office. It cannot be that hard to credit my card and send me a shipping label to return it (I am not paying for the return). Now they say someone will call me back. I am not holding my breath...

Basketball started off pretty well last night. I was playing well until towards the end of the evening when something popped in my knee and I was done. Came home and iced it and it feels better but I can still feel something amiss in there. The guy last week who got some major floor burns went down again and burned off the scab on his knee. That opened up the wound and he was bleeding down into his sock. Another guy got a small cut on his hand but he bled like he had been crucified.

Yesterday when I was mowing the lawn, I saw two deer out in the woods behind our house. First time in 10 years.

Should be a quiet night tonight. Elliott is having some friends over for pizza and ice cream cake tomorrow, then we are going to see the new Indiana Jones movie. Meanwhile, Lucie is having some friends over to scrap. No big plans for Memorial Day so I may open the pool that day. Looks like a good day and a warm week ahead.

My wifi problems of a while back seem to have gone away. Just as quickly as they started, they stopped. Something in the neighborhood must have happened. But I have been solid for a while.

No comments: