Monday, May 26, 2008

Movies and Stuff

On Saturday, Lucie and I got up early and started cleaning the house. Vacuuming, mopping floors, cleaning dog nose smears off the windows, cleaning the microwave, and on and on. One of our friends came over and she jumped right in helping out too. Around noon time, five of Elliott's friends came over for pizza and ice cream cake. Speaking of, we thought it would be good to get a ColdStone ice cream cake - until we went in and saw that a tiny, 8-inch cake cost $29!!! A regular square one was $65! Elliott generously said he would pass on the cake but we went to the grocery store and got a regular square Carvel cake for $15. Tasted better than the ColdStone would have...!!

Just before the cake I replaced the fog light on our friend's car. She has a Grand Am, and like my old Bonnevilles, the fog lights burn out regularly. I had an extra laying around that I will never use so I slapped that in for her.

At 2:30 I loaded up the kids with Ashleigh and went to the movies. Get this - matinee prices on the weekend end at 3 and the movie was to start at 3:05!! Bunch of pirates! Lucie had Costco discount coupons so she brought them to us and we went to the 3:30 showing of the new Indiana Jones movie. Pretty good. Nothing will be as good as the first one but it wasn't bad. Most of the kids' parents came and picked up their kids from the theater. Ashleigh met a friend and stayed and watched the new Narnia movie with him. She liked it better than Indiana Jones.

Meanwhile, back at the house, Lucie and friends were scrap booking and having a good time. Later on, the husband of one of our friends came over and he and I watched TV.

On Sunday, Elliott went to a birthday party sleepover after church which included a trip to see Narnia. I started in on the pool which was a filthy, green, stinky swamp. Someone else told me this year was the worst year they had seen too when they went to open their pool. But it will clear up once I get the filter going. I spent the afternoon power-washing the deck after taking the cover off and topping it off. After church that night, another friend had us over for a cookout. There had to be 50 people there and we had a really good time. Some good laughs and good food.

Today it is back to the pool. Can't think of a better way to spend the day...

No comments: