Saturday, March 13, 2010

It's 3 AM, Do You Know Where Your Dog Is?

I do. She is rumbling around in her crate wanting to go outside. And again at 3:30. And maybe once more around 4... For a little while, Mocha has been itchy so I would give her a fish oil supplement every morning with her breakfast. That helped the itching but gave her an upset stomach. And for some reason, it only seemed to hit her around 3 AM. And it hit fast. She would bark and we would stumble down the stairs to the backyard where she would go, and then go back to bed. Only to have to go again a little while later. Ugh. I was like a zombie. We actually didn't think it was the fish oil at first but we have since stopped it and she is doing much better. Itchy again, but her stomach has settled down. We will find another treatment for the itchies. (The vet said she is fine - normal for growing puppies and the dry winter in-house heat).

Getting a lot of rain today so she is going to be wild. Way too windy and rainy to walk her so I hope she and Britni wrestle all day. I intend to nap and watch TV and just hunker down. Everyone around me seems to be sick and I am feeling run down so I am taking it easy. I wanted to chainsaw off the stumps of the trees that came down over the winter and shore up the AC unit but it can wait.

I am picking up our guest missionary speaker for church tomorrow at the Amtrak station right next to where I work. I may make a surprise visit to the Officers on duty and see what is up. Work is still going really well.

Elliott had practice in the monsoon this morning. I brought some towels to protect my car seats and bags for him to put his muddy cleats in when we picked him up. Not too cold out - nothing a Dunkin Donuts coffee and sprinkled donut didn't cure. On the way home, we stopped at Lowe's and got a buy one get one free bag of bird food. The new feeder really seems to be working - we remain squirrel-less.

Oh, this is the new front license plate I put on the other day:

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like an awful lot of work. Kind of like having a baby...

Perfect license plate...for animal lovers ;)

Shawn H said...

It's a labor of love...! ha ha Today I took both dogs for a walk. And when they napped, I napped.

Anonymous said...

I am not sure you are qualified to discuss labor quite yet! Napping- yes!

CG

Ms. Lucie said...

Cute comic picture of you in your jammies!!!

Anonymous said...

Oh, yes...cute PJ's ;)

Hey, Fringe starts April 1st!!

SP

Anonymous said...

Why are random words underlined in this blog? Links to internet searches I think. Do you now have sponsors for your blog??

CG

Shawn H said...

It must be the browser you are using: I see no links on this page and no, I do not have sponsors. Sarah - you see any underlines or links?

Anonymous said...

No links or underlines in my view. You may be lacking sponsors at this point, but you obviously have followers...or fans...or both. Perhaps, sponsors are next ;)

SP