Thursday, February 12, 2009

Airbags and Aggravation

I got a recall notice for my Pathfinder that the front sensors for the airbags are being recalled and they may not activate the airbags in the event of a head on crash. I guess that is no big deal - the airbags are kind of a luxury safety item I suppose. Though they should work! I wish they would recall the fuel gauge sensor - I and a bunch of people have been complaining that our gas gauges in the cars no longer show the tank as full even right after filling up. But Nissan doesn't seem too interested in fixing that.

Meanwhile, somewhere in the world is a person named Jennifer Madison who has decided to use our home phone number as her contact number. The problem is, she is in some sort of deep financial trouble! So we are constantly getting calls from collection agencies and attorneys wanting to speak to her. I told one of them the other day that we have had this phone number for about 11 years, never heard of a Jennifer Madison, and I asked that they remove my number from their database. The guy got belligerent and started grilling me on why this girl would use my number, where she might be, etc. etc. etc.! Finally I yelled at him and said "How am I supposed to know? I have NEVER heard of her!" Lucie got into it with one the other day and that person told us we should change our number! There is no single solution for this - this girl has our number all over the place and "trimming the vines" of the problem is not the solution - we need to get to the root! Hopefully each person we tell means that the number is being scrubbed from the database until it is finally gone! But this girl is in trouble. I tried to get some info about her from one of the callers. They wouldn't tell me anything except to say she is a bad person.

Wicked windy day here today but sunny and warm. My tin foil squirrel solution seems to be working.

No comments: