Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Crowning Achievement

Today I went and started the tooth crowning process. I had a root canal in November and this was the first time I could get in for the crowning. What an uncomfortable experience! The dentist started by grinding down my tooth. Bits of blood and spit and burnt tooth flying everywhere. It didn't hurt but sounded and smelled terrible! They had to keep taking impressions of my tooth which consisted of me biting down on a mouthpiece filled with some bad tasting goop. Then the dentist "caulked" my tooth a few times and held a mold in place until that dried. At one point it got pretty painful so I asked if they weren't almost done, I needed another shot. That was a mistake. Whatever they stuck me with ran into my mouth and tasted horrid! I would have preferred the pain! So I was in the chair for about 2 hours and when I got out, I had a temporary crown all seated in and it was all good. I asked if it wouldn't just be cheaper to pound a peg into my jaw and slap a tooth on it? They said it was about 3 times more expensive and much more involved.

Ashleigh had a sore throat today so she stayed home and rested. Her grades are so good that she can afford a day off here and there.

It was very windy out today. The squirrels and I are still battling but the CD on a string seems to slow them down.

The annual church business meeting was tonight at church. Lucie worked all weekend compiling it and making graphs to be displayed. It went smoothly but was a typical dry business meeting until Lucie got up to speak. She said she had a couple of notes to discuss and rolled out like 10 pages! That lightened things up. Earlier in the day she had inadvertently printed a graph in color in 24 of the reports. She stopped the printing and printed the rest of the graphs in the reports in black and white. So she rewarded those who got there early and got a color graph with a brownie! That was a nice break in the meeting.

Looks like another quiet day tomorrow.

No comments: